Can I register a trademark in the US and Europe without being a resident in any of them?

Photo of Jan Buza

Written by Jan Buza

Co-founder of Trama

Yes, this is possible to register a trademark in the US and the EU without being a resident, but you will need a legal representative to file the application on your behalf. You will still become the owner of the trademark, even if you do not file the application yourself.

We advise making sure your attorney/law firm can file in both jurisdictions for convenience-sake. Alternatively, you can seek the help of two different representatives.

Related articles

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.